Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Job Recruitment 2022 – We are glad to inform the general public that Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria is recruiting suitably candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their company. Interested applicants should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Lending Operations and Risk Operations
Employee Status: Permanent
- Appraise and contribute to the development of the Bank’s strategic plans.
- E2E ownership of the client onboarding journey to drive credit quality, client experience and operational efficiency.
- Align the Credit risk and lending operations strategy of the function with business strategy and risk appetite and oversee its execution. For positions overseeing fraud – embed all principles of fraud operations to have an effective onboarding strategy. For positions not overseeing Fraud Ops to – work closely with the Fraud Operations team in embedding the strategy
- Effectively deliver the strategic initiatives on digital onboarding and embedding new technologies for auto credit decision and faster TAT. Embed principles of Right Shoring.
- Build a Centre of Excellence to support the shifting of risk management to the frontline.
- Support to strengthen the Organisation’ s risk culture and accountability and help reinforce the defence line up.
- Represent the underwriting and lending operations function in relevant country committees and management forums.
- Supervise the teams to achieve sound management of all aspects of Credit and Lending Operations in relevant country/GBS Cluster
- Support to enhance Priority, Affluent and Private business as best in class CVP and Support to deliver Signature Client Journeys
- Support Personal Banking agenda with Digital led model.
- Embed innovation, digitization and New ways of working by defining and actioning future state operating model.
- Define the strategic intent and agenda for the Credit risk operations and Lending operations function.
- Provide Group information, guidance, best practice and expertise to ensure that the Function applies the same business strategy and operate the risk management system;
- Communicate to the Business the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Function;
- Maintain and develop underwriting and operations capabilities and skills to meet ongoing business needs and plans – awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Ensure the Fraud Risk Management framework is effectively embedded and communicated across the business segments and lending products.
- Develop effective fraud risk management strategies and timely deploy these strategies across products and channels.
- Lead the efforts to develop, deploy and optimize country credit initiation strategy and processes.
- Adhere to Global Cap Plan and MIS + Policy governance framework
- Good understanding of Credit Policy and Fraud Process Standards. Understanding of implementation of Credit Decision Engines, Scorecards and tools for credit underwriting
- Run day-to-day underwriting and operations and lead its team by example. This requires keeping track of performance metrics, taking corrective actions, analysing bottlenecks and implementing solutions that bring process performance to the next level. Examples of critical success metrics would be improving TAT, reducing the % of portfolio in late repayment, etc.
- Country Head of CPBB
- Members of Country CPBBMT
- Global Head Risk Operations and Lending
- Head Fraud Operations
- Head Credit Risk Operations and Lending (global)
- Country COO / Regional COO
- Country Head Onboarding
- Country Credit Head
- Country Head of Policy
- Country Head Fraud Operations and FRM second line
- GBS /Country teams depending whether role is in country or GBS.
- GIA and BRM
- Group Stakeholders as relevant for initiatives
- Outsourcing arrangements.
- Regulators and Central Banks
- External auditors.
- Embed ‘Here for Good’ and the Group’s brand and values in Country and Region.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Region, Country Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Candidates must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration in either of Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics / Statistics
- Minimum of 15 years of banking experience, with bulk of it being in the Credit Risk Management domain.
- Minimum 10 years of underwriting / Risk policy experience for Big Markets
- Team Management Experience
- Good understanding of the key drivers of Asset products financials and the underlying consumer behaviours that drive those financials
- Numerically savvy, able to work with data, perform analysis and communicate results.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Able to manage incidents, including liaising with IT and stakeholders to ensure smooth resolution, design and implement system changes
- Experienced in performance management. Capable of understanding process shortcomings and set up key performance indicators to measure improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to connect with customers, direct reports and Management teams.
- Familiar with regulations and must possess sound market and industry knowledge.
- Experience in holding Delegated Lending Authorities and Approving High ticket Loans.
- Qualified in Certifications, CLSB (Omega Learning) , CSA (Omega/Moody’s) or equivalent
- Understanding of the full credit lifecycle including acquisition, fraud, account management, collections and recoveries
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Local Product Manager, Trade
Job ID: 2200003907
Job: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
- Manage and deliver the TB end-to-end product objectives within the country for Trade in alignment with global objectives for the product line, including financial and non-financial performance, enhancement of capabilities, product and client access future strategies, and oversight of risk and governance in alignment with the Product Head for Trade.
- Directly responsible for product Profit & Loss within the country, and support as required the origination process. Have clear responsibility over pricing for all trade products and management of assets, contingents, and for the allocation of Risk Weighted Asset (RWA)
- Work with the Regional Product Head in the management of the country Asset & Liquidity Committee (ALCO) in alignment with country TB Heads and Regional Product heads. Monitoring market changes and pricing strategies.
- Develop jointly with the Sales team a local Product & Sales strategy to meet country objectives, in line with the overall Transaction Banking strategy
- Conduct ongoing competitor analysis to capture the opportunities, mitigate the threats and deliver financial performance. Recommend and plan actions to build or reinforce our competitive edge
- Drive end to end product performance, improving efficiency through the e-agenda, straight through processing, ensuring scalability to grow in the market
- Drive in conjunction with regional product head, central revenue initiatives locally by ensuring that in country action plans are in place and revenue targets are achieved
- Determine standard product pricing and monitor collection of fee and NII across products for the country.
- Directly responsible for articulating the product strategy and executing product initiatives on the annual operating plan in country
- Directly responsible for understanding customer needs and develop the client value propositions that will address them across all client segments relevant for the market and feeding these needs into the Regional product teams.
- Identify and market-size new business opportunities and revenue pools and articulate the product and client access capabilities needed to seize a share of them
- Establish a strategy that drives a customer-centric view into Transaction Banking with activities including but not limited to focus groups, customer surveys and Voice of the Customer.
- Where relevant work with the Network team, to building of relationships with third parties to expand the product offering as set out in the country plan and look at ways of reducing cost of such relationships.
- Sponsor launches of product enhancements, new products, channels or new platforms as required. Work jointly with Sales and Marketing to develop collaterals for local market, communicate product launches, organize customer events and develop a sales campaign strategy to ensure that the new products meet planned volume and revenue targets
- Ensuring training initiatives are executed in the country in line with the global commercialization agenda.
- Provide leadership to commercialize new and existing product offerings in the market.
- Directly responsible for commercialization of new product capabilities by ensuring commercialization plans, targets and infrastructure to maximize success for it launch
- Provide ongoing support and training to Transaction Banking (TB) Sales, Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking, Global Market, Risk and Group Technology & Operation staff to provide assistance to facilitate the closure of large or complex deals.
- Maintain high level client interaction. Approximately 20% of your time should be spent on client-related activities focused on strategic topics that help understand client needs and ensure an appropriate set of solutions delivered.
- Be a critical advocate, internally and externally for the Transaction Banking business with the commensurate presence, credibility and communication ability to manage internal and external stakeholders in the region externally (including client education and commercial opportunities) and internally across functions.
- Understand the needs of customers and prospects, and implement structures and solutions to meet these needs ensuring delivery of all SCB related capabilities,
- Provide strong leadership to the in-country team
- Be a lead market advocate for TB participating and representing the Bank in industry bodies and market forums.
- Actively influence regulatory and public policy agenda through regular engagement with key regulators; be a point of reference in the region to give context to proposed regulations
- Provide leadership, coaching and motivation to the team and ensure that members are adequately equipped and trained to handle their role and work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Identify and mitigate the Operational, Credit, Regulatory and Business conduct risks relating to TB products within the country.
- Ensure timely renewal of country addendums (CAs) to PPGs and proactively work with stakeholders to identify and quantify new and existing risks.
- Ensure compliance with all Client Due Diligence (CDD) and Anti-Money Laundry (AML) and Sanctions policies and procedures
- Ensure country compliance on Group standard for Audit, Control and financial reporting including reporting of risks to BORF/CORGs
- Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Transaction banking Business to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Central Product Management Team
- Africa and Middle East Transaction Banking Team (Segment/Business/Product/Sales Heads, Transaction Banking Sales, Product, Implementation, Business Risk, Corporate Service Manager etc)
- West Africa Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking, and its Business Partners (Credit – CRC, Finance – CFO, Legal and compliance, Group Technology & Operations, HR, Group Internal Audit)
- Relevant country committees (Asset & Liquidity Committee)
- Corporate Affairs marketing
- Customers (across the breadth of the portfolio)
- Trade associations
- Competitors (industry initiatives)
- Regulators and Government agencies.
- Infrastructure providers
- Trade and industry journals
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
2nd March, 2022.
Jumia Nigeria Recruitment 2022 Application Portal – How to Apply
Npower NASIMS 2022| Npower Batch C Stream 2 Biometrics Enrolment has started for Shortlisted Candidates
Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Recruitment 2022 – How to Apply
Oando Plc Job Recruitment 2022 for Banking Officer
Baker Hughes Job Recruitment 2022/2023 Application Portal – How to Apply
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Job Recruitment 2022/2023 – Apply Now
NPower Batch C Device: Selection, Requirements & Device Collection Centres
NEXIT Training Portal Login for Npower Exited Batch A & B Beneficiaries
SHARE TO HELP OTHERS.