Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities.
Unilever Nigeria Plc is a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
Unilever Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Material Planner
Job ID: R-16085
Category: Supply Chain
- Ensure availability of all raw and pack materials
- Maintain stock levels of ordered materials as per the agreed stock norms
- Help in achieving the supply chain objectives of reducing working capital and supplying the demand at the lowest cost.
Read this also: 2021 Bank of Industry Loan – How to Apply
- Establish material requirements for Production Plans with the use of MRP Planned Orders.
- Monitor Stock levels and ensure material availability for current production requirements. Establish and maintain appropriate safety stock levels.
- Highlight material constraints that could impact production plans
- Communicate with suppliers on material requirement forecasts on an ongoing basis.
- Raise Purchase orders and call offs to suppliers based on planned requirements.
- Follow-up on supplier confirmation of Purchase Orders, Form M, LC and shipments.
- Monitor shipments of all imported materials and take action when necessary to ensure timely arrival of material on site, thereby avoid disruption to production plans.
- Co-ordinate with Internal Logistics to ensure availability of all imported materials at factory
- Establish requirements of specified packaging materials both local and imported based medium term requirements.
- Place purchase orders and issue call offs according to Production Schedules.
- Liase with Suppliers on rejected materials or short shipped consignments.
Co-ordinate on Sourcing issues:
- Co-ordinate with Planners / Sourcing on new raw and packaging materials.
- Provide data to establish Supplier Performance rating.
Materials Requirement Planning (MRP):
- Ensure MRP (planning) and call-off procedures are followed.
- Update MRP Master Data.
- Obtain information on MOQ, shipping and clearance lead-times and update planning information in Fourth Shift.
Provide necessary information and maintain necessary records to enable proper control of inventory and prices.
Reports such as:
- Working Capital reports
- Critical Material Report
- Purchase Order Report
- SLOBS List Report.
- University Degree
- At least 5 years experience of procuring local and imported materials and dealing with overseas suppliers
- High analytical skills
- Advance excel skills
- Use of SAP MRP system
- Should have good interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Supply Management
- Research and Development
- Warehousing Teams.
- Import Suppliers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please Click Here to apply
Share to help others