Glovo – We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you’ll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior People Partner – Sub-Saharan Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Your Work-life Opportunity
- Glovo is looking for a world-class Senior People Partner to join our team in Casablanca and cover people related topics for our employees based in Sub-Saharan Africa: Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda, Kenya.
- Do you feel excited about building HR processes from scratch, adjusting global policies to local realities? Are you able to carry out effectively and smoothly the People related processes – a mix between recruitment, learning and development, employee experience, and HR operations? If your answer is YES we are looking forward to meeting you.
Senior People Partner – Sub-Saharan Africa Responsibilities
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Act as a strategic solution provider and advisor for leaders in the team
- Support line managers and the employees by providing valuable input and expertise to the team on Hiring processes, Employment laws, HR policies, HR processes, Compensations, etc
- Hire, Coach and Develop the local people teams in the regional team (recruiter, generalist, office manager)
- Be the main point of contact for the entire team, providing both expert knowledge of people processes and leadership skills, working directly with the People Managers and individuals
- Build strong ongoing relationships with the People and partner area’s team, in order to identify new opportunities for the development of different initiatives regarding People processes. Ensure compliance with local legislation
- Be responsible for key people processes implementation: performance & recognition, compensation cycles, talent review, employee relations, engagement
- Act to support the human factor in the company by guiding performance evaluation, staffing, training, and development and a partner of the business
- Manage the Regional Recruitment and People Experience
- Partner with the other People teams to manage employee relations, labor relations and disciplinary actions
- Lead growth projects within the teams you support as well as reorganizations according to business needs
- Support the business to identify mid and long-term capability needs, in order to implement a learning and development process and ensure a continuous learning environment
- Maintain a strong focus on employee relations, monitor employee engagement, and retention activities
- Source and recruit great talent for our local leadership team, following the hiring process defined and conducting screenings.
Senior People Partner – Sub-Saharan Africa Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business Administration or related fields
- A business-first attitude
- Experience in highly demanding environments and in a similar role for more than 5 years
- Experience in startups will be highly valued, either by having directly worked in a similar company or managing a new project unit in a larger organization
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills at all levels
- Ability to adapt, execute 360º and coordinate with the team
- Fluency in English
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work with energy, innovation and passion for what we do. We are committed.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, and abilities.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online.
Share to help others.