Glovo – We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you’ll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: eLogistics Manager – Sub Saharan Africa
Your work-life opportunity:
- Glovo is building the future of cities by enabling anyone to get any product from any store in their city delivered in minutes. Our goal is to provide on-demand delivery infrastructure for every city in the world.
- Glovo eLogistics is Glovo’s last-mile logistics service for e-commerce, a huge industry that is still growing rapidly with many challenges ahead. At Glovo, you will join a team that is working to revolutionize the sector from scratch with the main e-commerce players in any market (e.g. Alibaba).
- As a country eLogistics Project Manager, you will be responsible for the P&L and end to end account management of the largest e-commerce companies and for maximizing both their number of deliveries with eLogistics and the profitability of the deals.
- In this role you will be part of the international team for Glovo, working closely with our Global Head of eLogistics Partners, GM of SSA, and Global GM of Courier & eLogistics.
eLogistics Manager – Sub Saharan Africa
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Define the vision, launch and lead eLogistics across the Sub Saharan Africa region.
- Own strategic e-commerce relationships end to end, including PnL tracking and ensure operational excellence in the region
- Understand the current needs of the last-mile market in your country and develop scalable and innovative solutions for e-commerce partners.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Global eLogistics team in order to develop a better product and a value proposition that will help you achieve sales targets
- Be resilient and persistent to close deals with long sales cycles, focusing on a consultative sales approach
- Be in charge of project management of the onboarding of new clients, including systems integration, contract negotiation, data flow & architecture and financial forecasting of the account.
- Build, maintain and manage the teams in all operational functions in your country/es, namely warehouse, rider fleet and customer service to ensure high scalability and efficiency levels.
- Ensure we keep our Glovo eLogistics promise: To give all e-commerce / online users ultra-predictability and the possibility to choose when, where and how they want to get their products delivered or returned.
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
eLogistics Manager – Sub Saharan Africa
- 5+ years of work experience in a fast-paced environment in sales and business development teams preferably in logistics
- Results-driven attitude, strategic thinking, strong leadership and business acumen
- Sales hunger! You may never take a no for an answer
- Problem solver, perfect written and spoken communication
- Analytical profile with experience in business development, negotiations, pricing and product development
- Joy in building things from scratch, if something needs to get done you are comfortable figuring it out on your own and not relying on a playbook
- Comfort in ambiguity, you seek adventure and an accelerated career path
- Ready to get your hands dirty, because you will have to “roll up your sleeves”!
- Fluency in English.
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
- We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
Experience our Glovo Life Benefits
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work with energy, innovation and passion for what we do. We are committed.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, and abilities.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online.
Share to help others.