Secretary needed at the European Union Delegation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and ECOWAS.
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of the EU embassy development program.
The EU Delegation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and ECOWAS works closely with the national, regional and local authorities as well as other foreign missions. The European Union (EU) is a major player in the international development community in Nigeria with an active presence in the key sectors of health, nutrition, water and sanitation and improving access to sustainable electricity. Additional crosscutting activities include the fight against corruption, drugs and organized crime, support to the reform of the justice system, measures to increase the role democratic processes and supporting a greater role for civil society.
The European Union Delegation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and ECOWAS is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary
Job No.: 44325
Don’t miss this: MTN Nigeria Job Vacancies (10 Positions)
- We offer a post of Secretary. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation.
- Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Secretary.
- This job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
- Under this job function, the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant Head of Section.
- The candidate, Local Agent LA3 will work full time (37.5 hours weekly) in a multicultural and multinational environment at the premises of the EU Delegation in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under the Nigerian labour law;
- Satisfactory knowledge of English
- Upper Secondary education in a relevant field and minimum of 3 year in performing secretarial tasks. Thorough knowledge of secretarial tasks.
- To receive, register and follow-up of mails and correspondences.
- To ensure smooth document and information management through ARES or equivalent IT tools, prepare physical files and signatories as required.
- To carry out actions enabling the physical protection, conservation and transfer of documents, records and files.
- To ensure proper filing of documents, record and carry out the various tasks related to the storage of information.
- We expect a candidate with deep understanding and experience of secretarial, with high level of personal integrity, able to work under strict deadlines and able to cope with a significant workload such as;
- To coordinate appointments, organize and prepare meetings, draft minutes of meetings, respond and place telephone calls. Organize and manage the contacts list and database.
- To draft letters and notes (ensure they correspond to correct format, filing); prepare and finalize notes, routine correspondence.
- To maintain the Delegation’s archives and all activities relating to day-to-day ‘housekeeping’ of the archives.
- Proffer solutions to records storage and retrieval challenges of the various Sections within the Delegation, and assist in retrieving documents and information materials for staff members, visitors and researchers [when authorized to do so]
- To keep abreast about developments related to the section portfolio and main issues concerning the Section
- When required, undertake other assignments that may be needed in view of the efficient functioning of the Delegation.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of French
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office and good control of Excel, ability to handle statistical data
- Self- motivated, proactive, ability to work in a multicultural environment, both in team and/or alone, respect for the deadlines, ability to deal with stressing situations and to work under tight deadlines, performing well under pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of secretarial and clerical tasks and previous experience in a diplomatic mission or international organization
- We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as a pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- The gross basic salary will be raised in accordance with the current salary scale, depending on years of relevant professional experience, starting from NGN 611,861.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (a letter explaining their interest and suitability for this position and Curriculum Vitae – each 2 pages maximum), to the attention of “Head of Administration” to: email@example.com using “Secretary – e-Del-HRM No 44325 and Sysper 2 No 157298” as the subject of the email.
- After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for this post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting document.
- The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which is a written test, followed by interviews. During this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
- The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will inform the remaining candidates by email, once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
- The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications received after the deadline stated below or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected
Application Deadline 3rd December, 2021.