The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) is a highly selective program meant for talented international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA = the EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) who seek to pursue a Master’s degree at Utrecht University.
To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class;
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands;
- Have applied for an international Master’s programme with a start date of 1 September, 2022. Not all programs participate, please check UU masters > Master’s program > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity.
University of Kentucky International Ambassador Scholarships
CIA Internship For Undergraduates And Graduates 2022
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- tuition fees
- tuition fees plus the required income linked to a residence permit for study as set by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, for one year.
In a 2-years Master’s program the scholarship can be renewed for the second year.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before 31 January 2022 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed. Selection will only start after the deadline and we aim to communicate the results before mid-April.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic quality and promise in the proposed field of study, as evidenced by your Master’s application;
- Academic excellence, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class (class ranking certificate, GPA with grade distribution overview, statement/reference letter signed and stamped by your University);
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s program (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s program itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Bill Gates Scholarship Grants for University of Cambridge 2021/2022 – Apply Here
How to apply
After submitting an application (or applications) for an UES eligible Master’s program, before the determined deadline, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from 1 November 2021. You will see the UES application(s) in your Osiris Online Application account dashboard. Click view/edit for the UES linked to the program you wish to apply for, upload the requested proof of belonging to the top 10%, answer the questions and submit the application.
The funds for the scholarships come from the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, established by Utrecht University and from contributions by Utrecht University alumni.