Federal Ministry Of Environment Vacancy
The Federal Republic of Nigeria, through the Department of Climate Change in the Federal Ministry of Environment, submitted a Readiness Proposal to the Green Climate Fund (GCF) for a project to build capacity to advance National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process in Nigeria. The Proposal has been approved with the UN Environment as the Delivery Partner for the project, with the role of supporting and overseeing the project implementation.
The project entitled “Strengthening Nigeria’s Capacity to Advance the NAP Process” will be implemented by a small project team headed by a National Coordinator. The new NAP project will support multi-sectoral, medium- to long-term adaptation planning and budgeting in Nigeria and promote the integration of climate change adaptation aspects into development planning processes and policies.
The Federal Ministry of Environment, through the Department of Climate Change, invites applications from suitable candidates for the positions below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Location: FCT, Abuja
- Keep the accounting records of the project;
- Arrange and archive accounting records in an appropriate manner in accordance with UN International Accounting Standards and Procedures Manual and the provisions of the Financing Agreements;
- Under the supervision of the National NAP Coordinator, prepare quarterly, mid-year and annual financial reports of the project at the established frequency and forward them no later than the fifteenth day at the end of each reporting period, while ensuring prior control of all financial information;
- Regularly monitor the financial implementation of the project within the approved budget and in accordance with the provisions of UN Environment and the provisions of the financing agreements;
- Carry out the year-end inventory (fixed assets, inventories, depreciation);
- Carry out the closing of the accounts at the end of the year;
- Prepare and facilitate the conduct of annual project audits, and improve internal control procedures by taking into account audit recommendations.
Educational Requirements/Work Experience
- A Degree in Administration, Sciences or related field.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure in complex situations
- Ability to work in an independent manner, set priorities and organize the workflow efficiently.
- Willingness to travel around the country to coordinate, attend and monitor project activities
- Full working knowledge of English, including excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Very good computer skills and ability to use information technology as a tool and resource.
- Analytical skills, initiative, sound judgement, results-oriented and efficiency in a multitasking environment.
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills, networking attitude, ability to work in multicultural environment.
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
- We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
- We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
- Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application which should contain their Cover Letter explaining why they are the most suitable candidate for the position with relevant credentials to:
The Office of the Director,
Department of Climate Change,
Plot 444 Aguiyi Ironsi Street,
Application Closing Date: 7th of May, 2021.