Credit Portfolio Analyst needed at Renmoney.
Renmoney – We are a passionate team determined to challenge the status quo and make financial inclusion count for the millions of under-banked individuals and small business owners in Nigeria. We provide loans, savings, and fixed deposit solutions to our customers. Our vision is to be the most convenient lending company, delivering outstanding service experiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Portfolio Analyst
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Credit Portfolio Management
We are the place for you, if
- You’re excited about technology and the future, and you’re looking for a place to learn and grow.
- You care a lot about detail and pride yourself in impeccable execution.
- You can collect and analyze lots of data and feed in just the right amount of intuition to make sound decisions.
- You are ready to work extremely hard, at a fast pace, to achieve audacious goals.
- You love to speak up, ask questions and are comfortable challenging anyone or any idea.
- We are currently seeking to employ a young, innovative Credit Portfolio Analyst. You will help in monitoring and managing our loan Portfolio, and help the business make smart decisions that will improve profitability.
- Analyze portfolio trends to identify at a granular level and be able to communicate areas of risk and opportunity.
- Take ownership of daily, weekly and monthly credit risk reporting vital to the monitoring of the loan portfolio in a timely, accurate manner.
- Use analytical techniques to provide insight into key portfolios and segment trends.
- Take ownership of the Portfolio plan and monitor/maintain key risk indices.
- Present findings to risk managers to assist with improving the credit risk strategy to ensure the business operates within its agreed Risk Appetite and our customers are treated fairly.
- Perform data reconciliation and validation routines.
- In liaison with Products team, track the Unit Economics parameters and make recommendations accordingly.
- Work with the data science team to review emerging trends and recommend areas for investigation.
- Review and maintain data forecasting models to operate within desired expectations.
- University Degree or equivalent standard with a high numeric content: statistics, economics, physics, mathematics, finance, etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerBI, Powerpoint, Word etc.).
- Advanced SQL skills to extract data from databases.
- Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to express technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
- A Self-starter with analytical mindset and ambition for a successful career in Credit risk.
- Minimum 3+ years practical experience in a credit risk/monitoring or similar analytical role
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of retail banking products.
- Previous experience in an analytical role within commercial banking or financial services
- Producing reports for use by senior management and the board of the company.
This job is perfect for you if you:
- Enjoy adding structure and developing approaches to ambiguous problems
- Are a self-starter, take initiative, work collaboratively, and can self-manage in ambiguity
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are excel and numbers-savvy and very detail oriented
You will not enjoy this job if you:
- Work best in structured, hierarchical settings
- Require clear, pre-set deliverables and constant direction
- Are used to working in / with a large team.
What’s in it for you
- You’ll receive competitive compensation and work with amazing people. You’ll work in a beautiful environment with a flat structure and solve complex, real-world challenges.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online