Australia Awards Scholarships, which was formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), will provide many opportunities for a lot people in developing countries like Nigeria, Ghana and other African countries, and also those countries situated in the Indo-Pacific region, to start full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Powered by Australian Government
Deadline: 29 April 2022 (annual)
Host country: Australia
Study starts 2023
Any of the Participating Australian Institutions
Level/Fields of study:
Undergraduate or Postgraduate Programmes that are related to your country’s importance areas for development which are itemized on the participating country profiles.
This Awards are not open for training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology or military training.
Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East.
The scholarship benefits generally include: complete school fees, return ticket travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenditures (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), Introductory Academic Program (IAP), Pre-course English (PCE) fees, etc. See the complete list of benefits at the approved website.
The Australian awards scholarships are offered for the minimum period of time essential for the person to complete the academic program indicated by the Australian higher education institution, including any preliminary training.
For you to be eligible to be awarded this Scholarship,
- The applicant be a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship program;
- He must be a confirmed citizen of any of the partaking country and be residing and applying for the scholarship from their country of origin;
- The applicant must not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently;
- The applicant must not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases
- The applicant must not be current serving military personnel; you must not be a serving solder.
- The applicant must not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia The applicant must be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken
- The applicant must be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements;
- The applicant must not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lower than already achieved
- The applicants must adequately inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas or with managing contractors so that the
application may be properly and transparently managed.
- The applicant must not hold convictions of criminal activities (including in their home country) including those relating to Child Protection and PSEAH;
- All recipients under the Pacific Secondary School Scholarship Program (PSSSP) who have completed their secondary school education in Australia in the year prior are eligible to apply for a long-term Australia Award;
- The applicant must have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship
Instructions on how to Apply:
Try and check the open and close dates for your country of resident, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating nations for precise information on eligibility, priority areas and how to apply. Applications can be done online or by mail. The deadline is 29 April 2022
It is important for you to read the how to apply page and also visit the country specific pages, and the official website in link found below for detailed and updated information on how to apply for this scholarship.
This is The Official Scholarship Website: http://www.dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/australia-awards-scholarships.aspx