Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option for extra convenience. Shopping online in Nigeria is easy and convenient with us. The Jumia mall provides you with a wide range of products you can trust. Discover JIM’s Big Thing for that special person in your life. You can also shop online for Valentine gifts and have them delivered directly to your loved one.
Job Title: Category Analyst – Consumer Electronics – Jumia
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Media/Advertising/Branding
Experience: 2 – 4 years
Department: Commercial – Commercial Planning
Category Analyst Job Objective
- The Commercial Analyst – Consumer Electronics will be responsible for providing proactive and actionable insights through persistent forward-looking analysis and financial performance evaluation across the assigned categories.
- You will play a key role in supporting the Commercial Planning Manager in reviewing Commercial performance for the optimization of revenue and gross profit.
- In addition, a pivotal responsibility will be to drive proactive and actionable commercial insights, standardization of analytics, customer engagement routines and performance reviews.
Category Analyst Responsibilities
- Responsible for production and communication on key insights on your category (best selling products, price points, brands, product specs, etc.) to be used in making high impact decisions
- Supporting the execution of the commercial plan, ensuring Jumia always has for the customer, the right products at the best price, at the right place. Being within our teams, an early adopter, a leading ambassador, and a relentless missionary of Jumia’s strategic commercial orientation.
- Owning our inventory monitoring process to ensure best in class inventory management
- Understanding all your markets, vendors and customers, bringing valuable insights and convictions to support your data driven commercial recommendations.
- Building analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance across specific categories, Supporting Commercial planning team to deliver best in class performance steering
- Working seamlessly with all departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite, Operations…), enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus execution.
- Support massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools and process.
Category Analyst Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited universities.
- 2-4 years’ experience in analyzing large data sets to make strategic decisions.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL and Google suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.