The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is aimed at high-achieving international students who wish to pursue a Degree in the US, and who are detemined to create positive, civic and social change in his/her community It is intended for students who will be to returning home to improve under-resourced communities in his/her home country.
American University, Washington DC, USA
Level/Field(s) of study:
Any undergraduate study offered at the University.
Number of Scholarships:
One (1) scholarship is available.
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board). The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
It is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following: 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above); sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017); 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above); 33 minimum SAT Reading Subscore; 29 minimum ACT English; 65 minimum PTE; or 120+ Duolingo
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2021.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at lease 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2021.
- To apply to the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, you must apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by 15 December 2020 (priority deadline) or by 15 January 2021 at the latest. AU EGLS applicants must apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2021. Do not apply Early Decision (ED).
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should visit the AU official website.