Apply now for Administrative Assistant job vacancy at International Organization for Migrationc(IOM). The IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in migration and works hand in hand with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 151 member states, and 12 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all
SVN No: SVN2020.050
Organizational Unit: Resource Management
IOM Classification: G3
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term SST, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Working under the overall guidance of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer HRO, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting the Human Resources Officer in all administrative tasks in the unit. In particular, he/she will undertake the below tasks:
CORE FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with the logistics and administrative work related to the recruitment of national staff in the mission with the guidance of the HR team,
• Assist and coordinate with all supervisors and project managers on the approvals related to contract renewals for the national staff and prepare a report for further extensions.
• Assist in coordinating the Advancement Within Grade AWG for all staff in the mission with the HR team
• Maintain the HR filing system and ensure all files are updated with the right documents and ensure safe custody of all the files. Undertake regular checks in all the staff personal files to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
• Maintain and update the HR files in the HR common folder with all updated General Instructions, General Bulletins and any other HR related information updates,
• Ensure the training folder is up to date at the end of each quarter.
• Assist in preparing general staff letters related to HR in coordination with the HR Officer
• Assist with the follow up of the Drivers Annual Exam process each year
• Process medical payments approved by the Health Claims unit relating to staff confinement or treatment in hospital. Also prepare payments for all HR related medical outpatient bills with supporting documentation,
• Assist and coordinate all logistics related to any training that involves the HR department and ensure smooth running of the training,
• Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• One year of relevant working experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; three years of working experience with high school diploma in a relevant field is required
• Experience working in a busy office in administration.
• Working experience in SAP is an added advantage.
• Familiarity with the UN common system or similar systems,
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
• Mature individual, able to work independently under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
• Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite Office, excel, PowerPoint, Outlook internet and E-mail.
• Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:o
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating Position applied on subject line.