University of Toronto
Founded in 1827, the University of Toronto is Canada’s leading university, recognized as a universal leader in research and teaching. U of T’s well-known faculty, institutional record of revolutionary scholarship and wealth of innovative academic openings continually attract exceptional students and academics from around the world. Few other universities offer as great a multiplicity of programs and resources.
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be chosen by your school and apply to student studies at the University of Toronto. Ask your school guidance counsellor about being selected. Once you’ve been selected and have applied to the University of Toronto, you will be sent a tailored, secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship application.
Pearson Scholars are students who have demonstrated extraordinary academic accomplishment and creativity, who are recognised as leaders within their school, and who have the prospective to contribute to the global community in the coming years. They can be notable from other students that have high academic results by virtue of their breadth of interest, intellectual energy and influence on the life of their school and community.
To be qualified to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2021
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2022 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2022 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
Process of Application
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.(external link))(external link)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto(external link) to begin your studies in 2022 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines(external link).
Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several other programs and may be lucky to receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Pearson Scholarship Deadlines
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2022
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, 2022 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2022 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 17, 2023