Are you a Nigerian student looking for an opportunity to kick-start your career? SEPLAT Petroleum Development Company Plc is offering a unique opportunity for motivated undergraduates in Nigeria with the launch of their National Undergraduate Scholarship Program.
The program provides financial assistance and mentorship to qualified students who are interested in pursuing further studies or embarking on a career in the oil and gas industry. Read on to learn more about this exciting program, including eligibility requirements, application processes, and what you can expect if you’re chosen as one of SEPLAT’s 2023 scholarship recipients.
What is SEPLAT?
SEPLAT is a national undergraduate scholarship program for Nigerian students. The program was established in 2011 by the Nigerian government and the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) to provide financial assistance to talented and deserving Nigerian students who wish to pursue higher education at Nigerian universities.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, books and other learning materials, as well as a monthly stipend. It is renewable for the duration of the recipient’s undergraduate studies, provided that they maintain good academic standing.
Since its inception, the SEPLAT Scholarship has helped over 1,000 Nigerian students achieve their educational goals. If you are a talented and motivated Nigerian student interested in pursuing higher education, we encourage you to apply for the SEPLAT Scholarship today.
You should also apply for these scholarships:
- Scholarships at the University of Stuttgart 2023: The Key to Studying in Germany
- University of Tasmania Scholarships 2023: Study in Australia
- 2023 Scholarships in Canadian Universities Without IELTS & No Application Fee
University of Sydney Fully Funded Scholarships 2023 to Study in Australia
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) Scholarship
- NNPC/Chevron Undergraduate Scholarship
The National Undergraduate Scholarship Program
The SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program is an annual initiative aimed at providing financial assistance to outstanding Nigerian students in order to help them complete their undergraduate studies.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who are citizens of Nigeria and are currently enrolled in their first year of study at a Nigerian university.
Selection criteria for the scholarship include academic excellence, leadership potential, and financial need. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The scholarship will cover the cost of tuition fees, stipend for living expenses, and other approved expenses related to the recipient’s studies.
Interested candidates can find out more about the program and apply online via the SEPLAT website. The deadline for applications is 31st October 2023.
Eligibility and Application Process
In order to be eligible for the SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program, applicants must:
– Be Nigerian citizens
– Be currently enrolled in their first year of a three-year undergraduate degree program at a Nigerian university
– Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
– Demonstrate financial need
Application materials for the SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program include:
– A completed online application form
– A copy of the applicant’s university transcript
– A letter of recommendation from a professor or employer
– A one-page essay outlining the applicant’s financial need and career aspirations
Read the Terms and Conditions
Before applying for the SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program, please take the time to read through the Terms and Conditions. By doing so, you will be fully informed of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant and recipient of the scholarship.
1. General Information
The SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program is open to Nigerian students who are currently enrolled in their first year of study at a Nigerian university. To be eligible, applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
2. Application Process
To apply for the SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program, interested students must submit a completed application form, along with all required supporting documentation, to the SEPLAT Secretariat no later than the specified deadline date. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered for review.
3. Award Selection Criteria
A selection committee consisting of representatives from SEPLAT and its partner institutions will review all eligible applications and select recipients based on the following criteria: academic merit, financial need, personal achievements/contributions, and leadership potential. All decisions made by the selection committee are final. Successful applicants will be notified via email no later than two weeks after the application deadline date.
What is the SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program?
The SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program is a Nigerian tertiary institution scholarship program sponsored by the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) and its Joint Venture Partners, for Nigerians students studying at accredited Nigerian Universities.
What are the eligibility requirements for the SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program?
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
– Be Nigerian citizens
– Be currently enrolled in their first year of study at an accredited Nigerian university at either the undergraduate or postgraduate level
– Possess a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 out of 5.0 or its equivalent
– Demonstrate financial need
– Have excellent leadership potential as demonstrated by past leadership roles and/or extracurricular activities.
Complete applications must be received no later than October 31st each year. Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and financial need.
How can I apply for the SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program?
To apply, eligible candidates should visit the official website to fill out and submit an online application form. Candidates will also be required to upload the following supporting documents:
– A letter of recommendation from either a professor or academic advisor
– An official transcript from your current university
How to apply for Seplat undergraduate scholarship?
If you are a Nigerian student looking for an opportunity to study at a tertiary institution in Nigeria, the SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program could be perfect for you. The program is designed to provide financial assistance to eligible students who wish to pursue their undergraduate studies in Nigeria.
To apply for the SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program, you will need to meet the following criteria:
– You must be a Nigerian citizen
– You must be aged 18-26 years old
– You must have completed your secondary education (West African Senior School Certificate Examination or equivalent) with excellent grades
– You must have been offered admission to study for a full-time undergraduate degree at a Nigerian tertiary institution
If you meet the above criteria, you can apply for the scholarship by visiting the SEPLAT website and completing the online application form. You will also need to upload the following documents:
– A copy of your secondary school certificate or equivalent qualification
– A copy of your admission letter from a Nigerian tertiary institution
– A personal statement of not more than 500 words explaining why you deserve the scholarship and how it will help you achieve your academic and career goals.
Only students studying any of the following courses should apply
The SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program is open to students studying any of the following courses:
Only students studying any of the aforementioned courses should apply for the SEPLAT National Undergraduate Scholarship Program. The program offers a great opportunity for Nigerian students to gain access to quality education and further their studies at renowned universities.