Nigeria’s Ministry of Interior has made the process of obtaining the Nigerian E-Passport less cumbersome cutting off the administrative bottlenecks and exorbitant amounts paid on the counter to obtain same.
The best part is no more middleman issues, just pay online, follow the steps provided, then go to the nearest issuing office for your passport.
The Ministry of Interior has brought new guidelines for obtaining the new enhanced Nigerian E-Passport which has 32 pages and is valid for five years at the cost of N26,000.00 only.
The 64 page variant which is valid for five years goes for N35,000.00 while the 64 paged document valid for ten years goes for N 70,000.00 only.
It is interesting to note these amount are only obtainable in Lagos, Abuja and Rivers States and all ages will pay same amount in these locations.
The amounts and procedures for the other 33 states are listed below:
- 32 pages valid for five years: N17,800.00
- 64 pages valid for five years: N23,000.
- Children less than 16 and adults 60 years and above will pay N11,000.00 for the 32 paged passport which is valid for five years.
- All payments are to be made online as against the previous counter payment.
- All passport applicants in Nigeria should pay online, print out their receipts and forms and go with all documents to the issuing Immigrations office.
- All documentary requirements are specifically stated on the portal
- On visiting the site, all fresh applicants should click on fresh passport, If you have an expired one, click on renewal to renew
Applicants Personal Documents
- Letter of identification from Local Government/State of origin or residence or National Identity Card
- Completed passport application form and 2 passport sized photographs endorsed at the back by the Guarantor
- Completed Guarantors’ form duly signed by a Commissioner for Oaths attached with Photocopy of Data page of Guarantor’s Nigerian E-Passport and one passport sized photograph of the Guarantor;
- The guarantor is expected to bring a passport photograph, the data page of his/ her international passport and then his or her driver’s licence or NIN.
- Marriage certificate, where applicable
- Birth Certificate (certificate issued by the National Population Commission shall be required from applicants whose date of birth is with effect from Dec 1992 or Age Declaration attached with one passport-sized photograph and duly endorsed by a Commissioner for Oaths
- Acknowledgement slip and evidence of payment
- Application letter to Comptroller of Nigeria Immigration Services for Nigerian International passport
How to Apply
Please Click Here to visit the official webpage of the Nigeria Immigration.
Share to help others