The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Health Administrative Management Assistant
Announcement Number: Abuja-2021-109
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series / Grade: LE – 0540 9
Promotion Potential: LE-9
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Telework Eligible: No
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 05 (steps 1 – 4).
- Actual FP salary is determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of the probationary period
Recommended: Senior Security Investigator needed at US Mission to Nigeria
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Under the supervision of the Snr Financial Management Specialist who serves as the Lead for Budget and Finance, the Budget Analyst provides technical expertise in the budget, financial management, audit, and partner financial reviews to support efficient operations to meet U.S. government financial, procurement, and cooperative agreement objectives.
- The incumbent implements systems to manage funds and internal financial controls for intramural and extramural funds to ensure the efficient use of financial resources.
- Participates in the formulation of program and administrative operating budgets and conducts general and specific assessments and financial analyses of CDC Nigeria financial data and reports.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in accounting, auditing, or financially oriented business management. Of these, 3 years experience as an auditor of an international or a non-governmental organization is required.
- Detailed and thorough knowledge of the theory and practice of accounting is required.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and standards and knowledge of government auditing standards is also required.
- Thorough knowledge of budget development, execution, and analysis, including technical procedures and methods of budgeting, computing and reporting for financial programs is required.
- Must have knowledge of the principles of the employing organization’s payroll budget formulation and management procedures.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Auditing or Finance is required.
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluent speaking/reading/writing in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Incumbent must be able to work with limited supervision to assess inconsistencies in complex financial data and to collaborate with technical staff in the preparation of budgets for technical projects.
- The incumbent must have excellent analytical skills and be highly innovative to achieve greater financial and operational efficiency.
- Incumbent must possess advanced computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheets; and be able to use CDC IRIS financial software, DoS COAST financial software, and USG PMS (Payment Management System).
- Accuracy and speed are required. Incumbent must have an intermediate level of experience in data analysis and data entry.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
hiring preference selection process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
This might interest you: Rivers State University Teaching Hospital (RSUTH) 2021/2022 Internship Programme
NGN 10,908,677 (USD 47,619) annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position, click the “Apply to this Vacancy” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process.
- In order to qualify based on education, you must submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position:
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Secondary School Certificate
- Driver’s License
- For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
- For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- For More Info: HR Section – 09-461-4000; HRNigeria@state.gov
Application Deadline 15th November, 2021.