The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Overseas Scholarship Scheme is an annual scholarship program designed to provide Nigerian students with the opportunity to pursue higher education abroad. PTDF has been offering this scholarship since 1999 and it is open to citizens of Nigeria who pass the eligibility criteria.
This blog post will discuss the PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2023, including eligibility criteria, selection process, and other important information you should know before submitting your application. Read on to learn more about this unique scholarship program and how you can take advantage of it!
What is PTDF?
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a federal government agency in Nigeria that was established in 1977. The agency is tasked with the responsibility of developing the Nigerian petroleum industry through the training of Nigerian personnel in all aspects of the oil and gas value chain.
In order to achieve its mandate, PTDF provides scholarships for Nigerians to study at leading universities overseas in petroleum-related disciplines. The scholarship scheme is open to both undergraduates and postgraduates, and covers tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs such as travel and insurance. Successful applicants are also given the opportunity to undergo paid internships with oil and gas companies in Nigeria upon their return from studies.
PTDF has helped to develop a pool of highly skilled personnel for the Nigerian petroleum industry, which is crucial for the continued growth and success of the sector. For more information on PTDF and its Overseas Scholarship Scheme, please visit the agency’s website.
You should also apply for these scholarships:
- Scholarships at the University of Stuttgart 2023: The Key to Studying in Germany
- University of Tasmania Scholarships 2023: Study in Australia
- 2023 Scholarships in Canadian Universities Without IELTS & No Application Fee
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) Scholarship
- NNPC/Chevron Undergraduate Scholarship
What is the PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme?
The PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme is a highly competitive scheme that provides funding for Nigerian students to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate studies at leading international universities.
The aim of the scheme is to develop world-class Nigerian professionals who will contribute to the country’s economic development.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be Nigerian citizens and have completed their secondary education. They must also meet the minimum academic requirements set by PTDF.
successful applicants will receive full funding for their chosen course of study, as well as a monthly stipend to cover living expenses. they will also be provided with health insurance and return airfare to Nigeria at the end of their studies.
The PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme is an excellent opportunity for talented Nigerian students to get a world-class education and start making a positive contribution to their country’s development.
Who is eligible for the PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme?
The PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme is open to all Nigerian nationals who:
-Are currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme at a recognized Nigerian university; and
-Have completed at least one year of their degree programme.
Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated financial need.
How to apply for the PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is pleased to announce the opening of its 2021/2022 Overseas Scholarship Scheme for suitably qualified Nigerian students.
Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for:
– MSc & PhD Scholarships in Petroleum Engineering, Geosciences & Geophysics
– MBA & MSc Management Scholarships in Project Management, Finance, Economics & Business Administration.
– Applicants must be Nigerian citizens with a valid Nigerian passport.
– Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper division for MSc programmes and upper credit for undergraduate programmes in the relevant disciplines from a recognized university. For MBA and PhD programmes, applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper division.
– Applicants must have completed their NYSC programme. Exceptions will be made for applicants who are due to complete their NYSC programme by September 2021.
-Applicants must not be more than 35 years old by September 2021.
1. Visit the PTDF website at www.ptdf.gov.ng to access the online application portal; create an account and log in to start the application process; follow the instructions provided on the website carefully; and provide all required information and documents accurately; upload recent passport photographs not exceeding 100kb in jpeg format only; and make sure you print out your completed application form before submission. Incomplete
What are the benefits of the PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme?
The PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme offers a number of benefits for Nigerian students who are interested in pursuing higher education abroad. Some of the main benefits of the scheme include:
-full funding for tuition, travel, and living expenses for the duration of your studies;
-the opportunity to gain international experience and exposure;
-development of leadership skills and knowledge;
-networking opportunities with scholars from around the world; and
-preparation for a career in an increasingly globalized workforce.
What courses are sponsored by PTDF scholarship?
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Overseas Scholarship Scheme sponsors undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Petroleum Engineering, Geosciences, Chemical Engineering and other related disciplines at universities abroad.
The scholarship covers the following: full tuition fees, return airfare, accommodation and living expenses, health insurance and other associated costs.
To be eligible for the PTDF scholarship, applicants must:
-be a Nigerian citizen
-be between the ages of 18 and 28 years old
-have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5.0 scale or its equivalent in their most recent academic qualification
-meet the admission requirements of their chosen institution of study abroad
-not hold any other form of scholarship